Fire damage restoration is a difficult process and should only be performed by professionals. After a fire your valuables are not only covered in smoke and soot, but also water from the firefighters. If not restored correctly your heirlooms could be damaged forever.
Located just outside of Seattle, WA, at RESTORx DKI we take pride in restoring your valuables to their original state. We ensure your contents with water, smoke, and fire damage are restored in a proper manner to prevent further mold damage or growth.
Our technicians are professionally trained to handle all types of fire damage disasters. With even a light coating of soot, your belongings could be permanently damaged if professional techniques are not used. Due to the sensitive nature of fire damage restoration, we train all our technicians to above industry standards. This means your valuables will get restored correctly and you can get back to your life.
After a fire there are two types of items left over, charred and not charred. If not charred, most items can be completely restored by our fire restoration team. Items generally restored include: Furniture, Carpeting, China, Antiques, Heirlooms, Appliances, Electronics and Photographs.
In the event of a fire, it's also important to treat electrical equipment within 24 hours. Unfortunately electronics that have suffered thermal damage or have cosmetic aberrations inside their plastic components cannot be restored.
A fire generates combustion byproducts which lock into soot and condense on cool services. Smoke exposure during the fire does little damage but the particulate left behind can cause corrosion over time. In the presence of humidity and oxygen, these components will corrode metal surfaces and damage electrical devices.
Smoke and fire damage emergencies include:
- Electrical fires
- Gas fires
- Kitchen fires
- Entire house fire
- Furnace malfunction
- Chemical fires
- Cigarette fires
- Kids playing with fire
- Malfunctioning equipment
Big or small we take care of it all! Of course it is much better to prevent a fire from ever happening.
Things to remember to keep your property more fire resistant:
Clean up the clutter around electrical plugins.
When was the last time you checked behind your TV? TV related electrical fires can be prevented by proper ventilation and safe cabling techniques.
Install smoke detectors in every room.
If you don't have smoke detectors in every room buy them now. Once you have all your smoke detectors remember to check and replace the batteries once a year.
Old Building? Check the wiring.
Many old buildings and homes were built with bad electrical guidelines. Check for faulty wiring and that your home or building conforms to current electrical code practices. Also, always use the right wattage of light bulbs in your light fixtures. Using wattage too high for a socket can cause fires and damage your belongings.
Be careful with fireworks!
According to the NFPA (www.nfpa.org), more U.S. fires are reported on Independence Day than on any other day. In 2009, fireworks caused an estimated 18,000 fires; including 1,300 structure fires, 400 vehicle fires, and 16,300 outside fires. These fires resulted in $38 million in direct property damage and U.S. hospital emergency rooms treated an estimated 8,800 people for fireworks related injuries. Sparklers and novelties alone accounted for 32% of the emergency room fireworks injuries in 2009.
Typical fire damage restoration services include:
- 24/7 Emergency board up service
- Soot & smoke removal
- Structural cleaning
- Personal property cleaning
- Deodorization and odor removal
- Corrosion control
- Debris removal
- Hard surface cleaning
- Thermo fogging
- Hydroxyl air solutions
- Contents inventory; cleaning and processing
- Contents pack-qut and moving
- Storage facilities
- Electronic cleaning and decontamination
- Upholstery cleaning
- Document and records recovery
You have questions? We have answers
Q. We had a minor fire. Several walls are covered with smoke. Can't I just wipe them down?
A. Depending on what burned, you may be doing the walls more harm than good by cleaning them. Fires leaves residues of acids, synthetics, PVC pipe, and wood treatments. And smoke residue can damage and pit the metals in your house. It's much safer to contact RESTORx DKI to fix the fire damage caused than to repaint and cover up the real problem underneath. You need an expert to inspect the amount of damage, and let you know what your options are.
Q. We had a major fire. There is water and ash everywhere. Is all our furniture ruined?
A. Not necessarily. Often times RESTORx DKI can restore your furniture as long as the smoke and ash were not driven by heat. Some types of furniture are more resistant to fire damage than others. If you're om the Seattle area, Contact RESTORx DKI today to request a service call and we can asses the situation to restore your belongings. For more information on water damage caused by a fire, please read our water damage restoration page.
Printer Friendly Fire Damage Restoration Flyer
Printer Friendly Fire Damage Emergency Tips