Call us 24/7 at 800.767.2394
Water damage can be a huge hassle for homeowners and commercial business owners. Whether it's caused by flooding, a malfunctioning water heater, dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerator, a broken air conditioning line, a sewage line break or backup, or a broken/leaky pipe; the effects can be costly and wide-ranging. And with a humid climate such as Seattle's, there is an increased potential for further issues such as mold and mildew.
Water clean up and removal can become a huge headache if not dealt with properly. You think everything is fine because the visible water is gone, but underneath the surface the moisture is still causing damage. When you start to look behind a wall, in between cracks, and other places you cannot see, left over water is damaging your house or business. RESTORx DKI uses proven water damage restoration techniques to dry and remove trapped water and water vapor from surfaces, flooring, walls, and building contents.
Without proper restoration, still water can cause floors to buckle, damage building integrity, and encourage mold growth, creating rot. Our personnel are professionally trained in identifying and restoring water damaged materials and buildings. Including structural drying, flood cleanup, attic/crawlspace water removal, and overall water damage repair.
At RESTORx DKI our large inventory of drying and sophisticated moisture detection equipment will ensure success in removing still water at your location. The number one aspect in water damage restoration is to provide an immediate response upon discovery. A delay of even 48 hours can result in significantly more water damage versus an immediate timely response.
Important steps to follow if water damage occurs:
- Shut off the main water valve and call a plumber to fix the leak.
- Contact RESTORx DKI, a Clean Trust-certified professional water damage restoration firm immediately for mitigation services, as required by your insurance policy. RESTORx DKI has the knowledge, experience and equipment to locate water wherever it goes, remove the excess, and restore your structure to industry standards.
- Mop up standing water on flooring surfaces to prevent fall hazards.
- Prevent mold growth. Within 48-72 hours mold can appear. Wood, paper, particle board and household soil can help mold to thrive. With stagnant air, moisture and temperatures between 68-86 degrees, mold will thrive. See our mold mitigation page for more information.
- Wet clothing is usually salvageable. Sanitize washable clothing and other household fabrics by washing with detergent and hot water.
- Dry out before you rebuild. RESTORx DKI has a variety of instruments to determine when the structure is dry. This will prevent on-going microbial growth. Drying should not stop until wood or drywall moisture content (MC) falls below 16% MC. Normal MC is around 10% in most areas of the country. This drying process is key to proper water damage restoration.
Why choose RESTORx DKI as your Seattle water damage restoration company?
- 24/7 live calls
- We respond within 10 minutes of your call
- Servicing the Seattle area since 1981
- More than 150 years of combined experience on staff
- Two national DKI customer service awards
- Direct insurance billing
- Free estimates
- All technicians are extensively trained on all aspects of restoration
- Fast, friendly and courteous service.
At RESTORx DKI our personnel are "On Call" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond to any of your water damage restoration needs, whether it is residential, commercial or industrial.
I had water everywhere, but I think I have it all dried up. Do I still need to call RESTORx DKI?
Yes. Water gets into walls and floor cavities, sub flooring and carpet backing. The water you don't see now will cause more damage with rot, mold, mildew, fungus and bacteria later on. Unless you have moisture testing devices and sophisticated drying equipment, it will cost you more money to wait, and the water damage will be more substantial.
If you need water damage restoration please request service today, or contact us with any questions you might have.
Printer Friendly Water Damage Restoration Flyer
Printer Friendly Water Emergency Tips